Please continue to practise your spellings at home. We have provided you with some ideas below to support you in learning your spellings. On Friday, please ask someone at home to test you on your spellings.
You could try some of the ideas below:
- Look, say, cover, write, check
- Pyramid write them
- Rainbow write them
- Making them out of playdoh
- Spell the word out loud while throwing a ball to someone
- Make a word search using your spellings
- Write sentences using your spellings
- Play hangman
- Use magnetic letters or scrabble pieces to build your words
- Make up a rap or song using your words
- Look for words within words e.g. 'separate' has 'a rat' in the middle
Keep your tests and bring them back into school so that we can stick them into your spelling books.