Mrs Terry, Mrs Murphy, Miss Wright, Mrs Broome, Mrs Egan, Mrs Thomas, Mrs Darrock, Mrs Haines and Miss Hulme would like to welcome you to our nursery page. Here you will find information about what your child has been learning at nursery and how you can help them home.
This page will be updated with information about current and future topics. We will also include newsletters, reminders and useful websites/apps to use with your child at home.
If you have any questions about nursery, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or for any urgent messages please contact the school office.
What does your child need for nursery?
- A named school uniform and shoes
- A named water proof coat with a hood
- A named hat and pair of gloves when it's cold
- A named sunhat when it's warm
- A named water bottle
- A named lunch box if they are staying for lunch and no hot meal has been ordered
- A small plastic bag provided by the school. (This bag is for your child's pictures or letters only.)
- A smile!
Please note that we have a supply of spare clothes if they are needed.
How to help your child at home
- Practise putting their coat on independently. This includes putting their arms the right way round if they are inside out. Then practise zipping up their coat.
- Remind them to tidy up their toys when they have finished playing.
- Encourage them to be independent - using the toilet, washing their hands, getting a drink when they are thirsty, getting a tissue when needed, peeling their own fruit.
- To talk in sentences to express their needs, interests and ideas.
- To understand and respond to simple instructions.
- To hold a pencil with 2 fingers and a thumb, no longer using a grasp hold.